Thursday, September 22, 2016
Nutty Pumpkin Chip Cookies
vegan, makes 18-22 cookies
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cup whole wheat or spelt flour (subbing optional)
1 cup sugar, organic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup water + 1 tsp flax seeds + 1 tsp chia seeds* (flax/chia egg)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade - unsweetened)
1 tsp cider vinegar
2-4 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (unrefined), melted (or sub veggie oil)
* seeds - you can choose just one seed if needed
1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts)
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add dry ingredients to large mixing bowl. Stir in wet ingredients. Fold in the “fold ins” until the dough starts to form. into a moist ball.
*flour note: you can substitute with a wide variety of flours - note that you may need to modify liquid to flour ratio just a tad depending on your variety. White flours may need a splash less liquid that heartier flours like whole wheat.
3. Place dough in the fridge or freezer until it firms up a bit - usually 15 minutes will do it.
4. Spoon cookie dough or roll into balls and place onto parchment paper lined or coconut oil greased baking sheet(s).
5. Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes – more or less depending on cookie size and how chilled your dough was. cookies will bind a bit as they cool - so once the edges being to slightly firm up and brown, the cookies are done.
recipe source here