Custom Search

Thursday, January 7, 2016

lose the weight and feel great



So now you have made the commitment to start a diet and the first week is doing well. The week(s) after this may get harder. You can do it!!! Stay strong and keep going on. Here are a few tips that may help you along the way. They have helped me.

My story: I am the child of a father who was an insulin diabetic. He was not a good dieter, really did not try to eat right and in the end lost the battle. Me, I was diagnosed diabetic after working as a nurse aide and never being able to stop my thirst. I simply kept drinking koolaid and the thirst never left. They took my blood pressure told me I was in stroke danger and my sugar was to high to register. I made a dr. appointment and found out that I was a diabetic. Medicine and diet were prescribed and I worked hard to stay on my diet, get my weight done and simply feel better Was I successful, well after 10 years I am still only on pills no insulin and while not perfect (I still like my sweets) I have learned to live on a diet.

I know we have all heard it and not always agreed but must say. if I can stay on a diet then you can to. Try these simple steps:





eat small meals throughout the day. This helps to stop the stopping snacking between meals Eating something every 3 to 4 hours. Remember proteins and carbs travel hand in hand and should be eaten together.



set your environment up for your new diet life style. Live like a champ you will be a champ. Instead of having candy and chips at hands reach replace it with fruit and veggies.



Keep hydrated to be successful. Hunger pains and thirst pains are a lot alike and when you are thirsty you may end up getting something to eat because you miss read signals.



Most of all keep your head up. Be positive that you will get it done that it has to be done so there is no way that you will fail. Keep a smile on your face, love in your heart and fight in your spirit. You can do this









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post