Custom Search

Thursday, January 7, 2016

hamburger soup




1 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. frozen peas
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
2 medium red potatoes, diced
2 large carrots, sliced
1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
10 c. beef broth
1- 15.25 oz can corn
1- 15.8 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper
1 c. small shell noodles

In a large soup pot, fry ground beef, onions, garlic, salt and pepper until beef is cooked through. Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta. Cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Add the shell pasta and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes until pasta is cooked through and veggies are tender.

10 comments:

  1. Omg, anyone who knows me knows I love soup! Thanks for this recipe. It looks great@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oj I bet my husband would love this! Sounds like a great recipe for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I just love a good soup. This one looks amazing! I need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever!!! I loved it. And I love a good soup!! Never would've thought of doing a Hamburger soup looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with a hamburger, I've just never thought of it as a soup option. This is an interesting recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? A hamburger soap...I've never heard of it before! Sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, seems quick and easy and my boys would love it! can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so delicious! Especially since it's winter where I am. I'll have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks super tasty! Hamburger is kind of perfect for soup. My family makes something very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so yummy and I am drooling over! lol Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post