Custom Search

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tips for Grilling Perfect Steak

June will find another birthday for my hubby. What does he want to do? Grill out of course. He loves to grill steak and the bigger the steak the more he loves it. While browsing grilling ideas I found a great article on Womans Day online

The first tip was to oil it. I never really thought about it but sounds like a great idea. Use canola or olive oil to coat the steak before seasoning. The thought behind this is to get a juicier steak and perfect charring.

Second tip they warn about over seasoning. A steak that is well marbled only requires salt and pepper to brigh out the perfect flavor

A hot grill is best for cooking steaks. The heat allows the perfect charred outside and juicy inside.
The tip about flipping it suprised me. Flipping steak too often can mess up the charring of the meat and get rid of most of the seasoning. Dragging steak when flipping also can remove seasoning. When flipping they advise to pick up in a straight motion and place back in same smooth way.

The last was a tip I do all the time since a blogger advised me quite a ways back. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before cutting. This allows the juice of the steak to make its rounds and create a tender steak.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for grilling season to start. The smell of meat on the bbq means summer. Great tips - I am going to have to remember to use oil next time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post