Custom Search

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pickle Red Onions

Blessed with Grace



This is another garden recipe that you may want to try. It is a bit different than what I am used to and that is exactly what I like. I found this recipe here while browsing the web.


Pickled Red Onions
3/4 cup (180ml) white vinegar
3 tablespoons (50gr) sugar
pinch of salt
1 bay leaf
5 allspice berries
5 whole cloves
a small, dried chile pepper
1 large red onion, peeled, and thinly sliced into rings

In a small, non-reactive saucepan, heat the vinegar, sugar, salt, seasonings and chile until boiling. Add the onion slices and lower heat, then simmer gently for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Transfer the onions and the liquid into a jar then refrigerate until ready to use.
Storage: The onions will keep for several months, but I find they're best the week they're made

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post