Custom Search

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crockpot Hamburger Casserole


Photobucket



My kids will eat nearly everything with hamburger in it. With the days getting nicer it will be so easy to start the crockpot and not worry about it til night time. This would be a great meal to have at the end of a busy day



Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole
2 lg. sized potatoes, sliced, unpeeled
2 to 3 med. carrots, unpeeled
1 (#2) can peas, drained or 1 c. frozen peas
2 to 3 med. onions, chopped or sliced or equivalent amt. of dried onions
1 lb. or less of turkey or chicken or lean hamburger
2 stalks of sliced celery
1 (10 oz.) can tomato soup
1 (10 oz.) can water

Place layers of vegetables in order given in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Put the lightly browned meat on top of celery. Mix tomato soup with water and pour into pot. Cover and set low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally. In the absence of a slow cooking crock pot, use stew pan on top of the stove for 1 to 2 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try this for dinner tonight. I wanted to do something with potatoes, so this is perfect! Well that made my life a bit easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a really good hamburger casserole that I haven't made in a long time. I think I will dig that out and give it a try this weekend. Thanks so much for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday. Hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post