Smores is something my children all agree with. They agree they love them and would love to have some more as well. Smores have always been present at bonfires and camp outs. Now I want to share with you that you can also make in microwave. This makes it possible to make smores year round. These smores bars are another way to share the delicious taste of smores.
Yield: 24 Bars
Yield: 24 Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 large (14 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13″ pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine graham crackers, flour, salt, baking powder. Add to butter/sugar mixture, beat well.
4. Spread half of dough mixture into greased pan.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough.
6. Using a spatula, spread marshmallow creme over the chocolate chip.
7. Top with remaining dough mixture. This can be a bit tricky (or sticky!). Try flattening the dough between two pieces of waxed paper before laying over the top of the marshmallow creme. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect, or you have a few gaps.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Or don’t, but in that case, you might need a spoon.
Adapted from Family Fun