Custom Search

Friday, August 19, 2016

Tomato Garlic Salad

One way I love to enjoy garden tomatoes is fresh out of the garden. Another and very close to the first is in salad. This salad will give you the taste of fresh tomato with a bit of even more taste. Enjoy


Tomatoes, as many as you want 
-Fresh garlic (I used 6 cloves)
-Fresh basil (I used maybe a handful)
-Balsamic vinegar (to taste, but I think I used about 1/3 cup)
-Virgin Olive Oil (to taste also, but I probably used about 1/3 cup of this, too.)
-Salt (to taste, I used about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
-Pepper (again, to taste, but I probably used about 1/2 teaspoon)

Step 1: Slice the tomatoes into slices about 1/4 inch thick.

Step 2: Finely chop up fresh garlic and fresh basil.


Step 3: Mix garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then add balsamic vinegar and olive oil.



Step 4: Let this marinate for about 30 minutes, if you have time.

Step 5: Pour marinade over tomatoes and stir carefully, keeping the tomato slices intact. In order to create a more appealing photo for this post, I garnished the salad with edible nasturtium flowers. Is it not attractive? The kids asked why there were flowers in the salad, and, instead of lovingly teaching them that some flowers are edible, such as the nasturtiums in our garden, which taste like pepper, I said during my rush to get dinner done, "Because there just are". I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post