Custom Search

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Garlic Green Beans

I simply love the farmers market. Tomatoes of all sizes and shapes seem to be available. I bought some orange ones the other day oh what a great flavor they had. They also had some heirloom tomatoes I have not tried as of yet but hope to very soon. When you have such a great variety of produce at your hand and all of it fresh and tasty it spells out fresh, quick and delicious meals as well. 

The weekends in this family are full of taking care of the house and pre-meal prep.  Since I only have off every other weekend it makes life a bit hard. But if we do not plan on travel then we work on the house and family time. This week though, I purchased several things from the farmers market and plan on using all of them. From corn on the cob that we will boil to other veggies that will be used within other dishes like Garlic Green Beans

Garlic Green Beans are easy enough to make. You start out with some butter and 2 cloves of garlic. Let it all get rather warm and melting just a bit then add your fresh green beans. If more liquid is needed then you can add a bit of broth. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Serve now and leftovers will be great the next day as well.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I usually put lemon pepper on green beans, but I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lemon pepper sounds yummy as well, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post