With there being plenty of zucchini around this time of year I thought I might share with you 8 things about zucchini you may of known or not known
- Zucchini is very easy to use. No need to skin you can simply shred it all. The green color is rather nice and most likely there are many vitamins in the skin. Just be sure to wash and dry carefully before shredding
- If you have an abundance of zucchini which is very possible after all there was a day not to long ago that was dedicated to sneaking zucchini on your neighbors porch. Make sure to not let it go to waste here is what you do: shred, bag and freeze for a later use. Yes, that is the secret but beware that when you defrost it it will be super wet. To use squeeze the water out before adding to recipes.
- yet another way to use zucchini is to put it on skewers and grill it. Simply cut zucchini in chunks, thread it on skewers, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper then grill.
- Prepare zucchini by slicing it down the middle, brush with butter, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then broil til golden.
- to get those who refuse to eat zucchini
hideadd shredded zucchini to pasta sauce. Use the pasta sauce in your favorite pasta recipe
- another great way to prepare it is to cook it under slightly tender, top it with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Similar to a baked potato.
- Zucchini goes great in a stir fry as it mixes well
- cube zucchini, lightly flour, drizzle oil over them and sprinkle rosemary over top. Bake at 350 degrees til done.