Custom Search

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Asian Steak Salad

Tonight we are having a simple stir fry for supper. I got a great deal on a stir fry kit at the grocery store yesterday and decided to use it with some stew meat that I have had in the freezer for a short minute. I browned the meat in water as I am cutting down on oil for my hubbys health and seasoned it well. I then mixed in the stir fry mix. Let me tell you this was super yummy. I recently found this recipe and I believe I will be making it soon as well




  • 3/4 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger (found in the international aisle of the market)
  • 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into strips (about 7 cups)
  • 1 mango, cut into thin strips
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

  • Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and scallions and toss to combine. Gently fold in the steak and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.

    recipe source : real simple

    Strut Your Stuff Thursday

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post