Custom Search

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Prayer for My Children

randomtuesday




Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." John 13:14-15 (NIV)

During my devotion I found this splendid verse. It is one to make me think as the summer time is here and the kids seem to always find more trouble to get into. John 13:14-15 allows me to look at my life to see what a moral standard I am setting. I have always felt that as a parent it was my duty to set a good example that my children can follow. So looking back at what I have done, I am doing and I will or plan to do makes all the difference to how the kids perceive the actions I do. Keeping this in mind I pray that my actions will set an example that they can follow and become Godly men and women as they grow and go out into this world.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that I'll be a shining example so that my son will grow up to be a Godly man as well.

    Washing another's feet is such a humbling experience. We did it at church a couple years ago and it just brought tears to my eyes when I washed my wife's feet and she washed mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the hardest things to do as a mom of young or older kids. It was my prayer for my kids and so far they are trying to follow Christ's example, thankfully not mine on occasion, LOL! Thanks for the verse today!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post