Custom Search

Friday, July 9, 2010

Cheesy MexiMac

CHEESY MEXIMAC

(Who doesn't like mac and cheese? talk about a comfort food, this is delicious, easy to make, I made it healthier by substituting certain ingredients). ENJOY.

1 1/2 cups milk (I used fat free milk)
16 oz grated pepper Jack cheese
16 oz box rotini pasta (I used elbow macaroni, I use wheat pastas when available too.)
1 tbs each flour and unsalted butter
Pinch chili powder
10 oz can drained Mexican flavored corn
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted the salt)
2 trimmed, sliced, green onions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 11x7x2" baking pan with oil or with cooking spray. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook 5 min. Add green onions and cook an additional 2 min. Drain and set aside.
*In a saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Add milk, whisking until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper, bring to a simmer. Cook simmering, 4 min. Remove from heat.
*Add half of the cheese to milk mixture, whisk until smooth. Stir in corn, then combine in bowl with pasta and green onions. Pour half into dish, top with half of remaining cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese.
*Bake 25 min. Cool slightly before serving.
MAKES 10 SERVINGS OF MEXIMAC...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post