Custom Search

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Make Your Own Laundry Detergent

•Borax - 1 cup
•Washing Soda - 1 cup
•A laundry soap bar--->Fels Naptha or Zote - 1 cup

1. Measure out 1 cup of Borax and put into a bowl
2. Measure out 1 cup of washing soda and put into a bowl
3. Grate 1 cup of the soap bar. Add to bowl with Borax and washing soda. I am using Zote this time. I usually use Fels Naptha, but found this at my Super Target and thought I would try it.
4. Mix well
5. Put in storage container---> In this case we are using an old cool whip container
6. Use 1 Tbsp per load.

That's it. It's as easy as that. It only cost me pennies per load. A very frugal alternative to store bought detergent. It works well too. If I have a really dirty load I will up the amount I use by a small amount. I know that people use Oxyclean also. Have you made your own laundry detergent? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. We make our own detergent, too. I actually make mine wet (soaps melted into 2 gallons of water which we store in an old 5 gal. bucket. I really enjoy using Dr. Bronner's Soap - another pure Castile. His soaps come with different additives... now I am using his peppermint (organic oils) and have used his coconut in the past.

    We love the way it cleans without all the additives... and of course, how cheap it really is!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post