Custom Search

Friday, March 18, 2016

Sloppy Joes with Corn


Sloppy Joes with Corn






1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup finely diced onion
1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
24 ounces ground sirloin
6 ounce tomato paste
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
14 ounces chicken broth
1 - 15 ounce canned corn, rinsed and drained
6 hamburger buns, toasted

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes and add ground sirloin. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in tomato paste and cook 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and broth. Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Mix in corn and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.

19 comments:

  1. I love making sloppy joes. It is one of those rainy day foods for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I've never made Sloppy Joes? I'll have to add them to my meal plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sloppy Joes looks so delicious and easy to make! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never known what a sloppy joe is ... now I finally got the idea and I'd like to try out this recipe. I wonder if my son would like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow these look amazing yet so easy to make so going to have to give them a try

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't made Sloppy Joes for years, must try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am someone who piles the sj with potato chips pickles and cheese! I am excited to add corn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make chili with corn in it but never ever thought to make sloppy joes like that - good to know - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for good sloppy joe recipe. This sounds delightful especially since I'm a huge fan of corn too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious recipe. Will try this soon,. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy recipe. I would love to try this

    ReplyDelete
  12. never had a sloppy joes before, but does sound rather nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I miss sloppy joe..it's been a while since my last indulgence :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks yummy, I never made sloppy joes before, but I'm tempted to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sloppy Joes are a favorite in our house. I will have to try this recipe on the weekend. It looks so delicious and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg I just love a good ole sloppy joe!! Totally making them with corn next time! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious. Sloppy Joes were a favorite. I am trying out your recipe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've put corn in salsa but never in sloppy joes. I bet the kids would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a great restaurant that my boys would LOVE! I like the addition of corn :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post