Custom Search

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

National Shoe The WOrld Day



I have often told individuals that I love to go barefoot but that was never because I did not have a choice. I always had a pair of shoes to wear. I never had to go barefoot because I had to but because I wanted to. Unfortunately that is not the case for every one. Every day there are 500 million children, teens, and adults who do not have a pair of shoes to wear. No matter what the land or the climate is they do not have a choice and must go barefoot. They do not have the choice. Living life without foot protection can lead to a lifetime of problems including pain, injury, cuts, sores, infections, parasites, banning from schools and other places.

Sometimes there is the slim chance of having a pair of shoes that do not fit but yet feet are protected. If the shoes are too big then they will not need another pair for sometime. Furthermore they can not wear their shoes except for where they need to. On the other foot if their shoes are too small and tight and they try to make do with them the pain would be unimaginable. Simply to have a pair of shoes to big or to small would be a luxury

National Shoe the World Day is a day created to bring awareness across the nation to the incredible need to help those people around the world that do not have shoes to wear and take action helping. Many organizations have started to collect shoes and clothes in our area to hand out to those in need. This is a great way for all to get involved and help your neighbor.







2 comments:

  1. I wear shoes because I have too, I am not a shoe fan at all like so many other women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to go barefoot too but it is a choice the sad thing is several of those do not have any shoes to choose to wear

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post