Whether you make this scrumptious pie for a special occasion or you share it with those you love on a Monday is up to you. This no bake pie is easy to whip up whenever you feel the urge for a special treat. In about 30 minutes it will be done and ready to serve.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cream Pie
- 24 whole chocolate sandwich cookies
- 40 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, (wrappers removed, divided)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (16.3-oz) jar chunky peanut butter, (approximately 1¾ cups)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 oz milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- In a tall bowl whip heavy cream with an electric mixer until you can start to see a defined trail through the cream. Add vanilla and slowly add ¾ cup powdered sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. (In other words when you turn off the blender and lift the beaters out of the cream, the cream stand up on the end of the beater). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a food processor combine cookies and 20 peanut butter cups. Pulse until your mixture is crumbs. Slowly pour butter in through the feed tube. Pulse until combined and crumbs are moistened.
- Pour crumbs into a 9” pie plate and press mixture on the bottom and around the sides to form pie crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling: Combine cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add peanut butter. Beat until well combined. Fold in ½ of the whipped cream until it is completely incorporated. Pour into chilled pie crust. Smooth with a spatula. Pour remaining whipped cream over top. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare toppings.
- Place the milk chocolate in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Quarter the remaining 20 mini peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups over pie. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over pie. Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over pie (or transfer chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag and cut a very small hole in the corner, then drizzle over pie).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately. Enjoy!