Custom Search

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Poor Man's Casserole

Back in the day one meat that you could buy even when low on funds was hamburger. That was back in the day when it would cost on average .99 a lb. That was awesome and I would always buy hamburger and make lots of tasty recipes for them. While I found this recipe on the internet I can well guess that it came about during that time or as a memory of that time. I hope you enjoy as it is still quite a tasty dish.



Poor Man's Hash
1 pound of hamburger
1 small onion chopped
1 small bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup uncooked white rice
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 (16 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste


Brown hamburger. Salt and pepper to taste. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion and bell pepper are clear and cooked. Add tomatoes, rice, and chili powder. Mix together and put in a covered casserole dish. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post