Custom Search

Monday, January 18, 2016

Peach Cheesecake

Peach Cheesecake
(Adapted from Bon Appétit June 2002)
*click
here for the original recipe*





Crust
2 cups of crushed graham cracker crumb
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted

Filling
4 small peaches (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled, pitted, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 8-ounce package 1/3 cream cheese, room temperature
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoons vanilla extract

Glaze (omitted)
1/2 cup peach preserves
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 large peach, peeled, pitted, very thinly sliced

For crust:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Add melted butter to graham cracker crumb until evenly moistened. Press crumbs over bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Bake crust until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

For filling:
Combine peaches, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon juice in heavy large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and peaches are juicy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook until peaches are tender and juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Cool compote.

Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon half of cheese mixture into crust. Spoon peach compote over by tablespoonfuls, spacing apart. Top with remaining cheese mixture.

Place large piece of foil on oven rack. Place pan with cheesecake on foil. Bake until puffed, slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour. Then the oven off and let the cake continue to cook with the remaining heat in the oven for 30 minutes or until set. Place hot cheesecake on rack; cool 5 minutes. Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen. Place cheesecake, uncovered, on rack in refrigerator and chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep chilled.)

For glaze:
Combine preserves and lemon juice in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until glaze comes to simmer. Strain into small bowl. Release pan sides; place cheesecake on platter. Spread glaze over top of cheesecake to within 1/4 inch of edge. Chill cheesecake until glaze sets, at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. Arrange peach slices in center of cake and serve.

Makes 12 servings.

11 comments:

  1. I am nuts about stone fruit and have never had it combined with cheesecake. Am pinning for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks delicious! And considering that tomorrow's supposed to be even colder in NYC than it was today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I sit here my 8 year old son just said, umm that looks yummy. I think that says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheesecake. I normally just get a plain one for myself. But this sounds lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peaches and I love cheesecake! I usually just make plain cheesecakes, but I'd like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was given a springform pan a few years ago and I've never used it! I've never made a cheesecake in my life, despite my love for them. This year I decided I would make a cheesecake and I just might have to try your recipe. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This sounds delicious! Will definitely need to try this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very soon we will have peaches in my backyard and I like your recipe because it is simple and easy to follow. I've saved this page and will be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cheese and it looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post