The outside is too dark and the inside is raw:
- Burner is too high – Turn down & allow to cool to new temperature. Trying to cook them faster will only result in pancakes that are raw in the middle.
- Too much sugar – Start batter over & follow measurements carefully. More sugar in pancakes is not better.
- Check to see if you measured carefully.
- Consider measuring out 8 ounces of flour in weight instead of measuring cups as it is better to measure flour by ounces rather than cups depending on the humidity in the air where you live.
- Make sure you didn’t add to much sugar.
- Make sure your pan doesn’t have scratches or worn spots on the non-stick surface.
- Make sure your burner is preheated.
- Make sure that you measured the flour correctly. You might need a little bit more.
- Only use large eggs. Smaller ones will not serve your purpose properly. If you only have small eggs on hand, use three instead of two large ones.
- Make sure you measured the milk correctly.
- Make sure your baking powder has not expired.
nifty thrifty Tuesday