Custom Search

Friday, January 31, 2014

Layered Taco Dip

So I wanted to share one of my favorite football foods, just in case you were looking for something to make for Super Bowl this weekend. This dish will keep people coming back for more and more and more… and it’s so easy!



1 (1oz) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16oz) can refried beans
1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened, I usually microwave it a few seconds, or leave it out to get soft)
1 (16oz) container of sour cream
1 (16oz) jar salsa
A few stalks of green onion diced
1large tomato chopped (Or I use cherry tomatoes halved, about a handful)
1 bag of “shreds” lettuce (this makes it easier) Or just shred a small head of lettuce
1 (6oz) can of sliced olives (optional, but looks great for coloring on the top)
1 (8oz) bag of shredded cheese (I like the 4 cheese mix)

1. In a bowl mix together the refried beans and the package of taco seasoning. Then spread in the bottom of a 9×13 dish
2. Mix the “softened” cream cheese and sour cream together. (Make sure you stir the sour cream by itself before you add it to the cream cheese. My girlfriend didn’t do this once, and I swear it changed the consistency.) Spread over the beans. I sometimes don’t use all of it, but if you wanna go BIG!!! Do it!
3. I refrigerate (to let the beans and seasoning set in). Then right before the party, I take it out and finish my layering.
4. Layer:
-a jar of salsa
-then tomatoes
-next green onions
-top with a bag of “shreds” lettuce
-cheese
-then hand place some sliced olives. (If you just throw them on it looks messy). I pick the pretty ones, and place them on top.
5. Now, add chips in a bowl and watch as EVERYONE asks you about this amazing dip! Its definitely a hit… and super EASY!


Note: I put it out with a serving spoon in the dip and small plates, because people like to scoop a bunch, grab some chips, and then go back to the game.


recipe source here

shared at
show and tell Friday
kitchen fun on Friday
pinworthy party
Three Mango Seeds
By Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post