Custom Search

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hometown Boy Did Good

I actually claim 2 towns on the opposite ends of the state as my home. I lived in the central part of the state for the first part of my life, still have lots of family that live there. When I was in high school I moved to the southern part of the state and have lived here for many years. I love both areas of the state the green lush of the central part where I grew up near the farms and the southern part near the river and forest lovely part of the state as well.

Well, that being said I was happy to see a person who grew up here in the southern part of Illinois, Harrisburg to be exact. Has done good. Yes he really has and now we can be proud and say that we have a past citizen in this little town who had a part in a childrens album that was nominated for a grammy.

 
Rocky Alvey walked down the red carpet for Sunday night's Grammy Awards, after he and his team were nominated for Best Children's Album. Mighty Sky is the album name. Alvey says the lyrics from the album came from a poem he wrote in 1985. It was inspired by nights he spent under the stars of his childhood farm. The lyrics are all about science and astronomy. 
Unfortunately, he and group did not win tonight. The honor went to Jennifer Gasoi for "Throw a Penny in the Wishing Well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post