Ode to Billie Joe (1967)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) This song takes places on "the third of June," which is described as "another sleepy, dusty" day. Describe the weather where you were on Friday, June 3, 2016.
The weather was a bit rainy yet the sun did shine. I spent the day with friends looking for great deals
2) In this song, the family sits down to eat and discuss the doings of their friends and neighbors. Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister were at the table. Who did you have dinner with on Friday?
We ate with my husband, daughter and her husband
3) Young Billie Joe MacAllister playfully put a frog down another kid's back. Do you see many frogs where you live?
We do at times, saw a turtle yesterday. The rain keeps up I am sure we will see more of both
4) This song made Mississippi's Tallahatchie Bridge famous. What's the name of a bridge in your neighborhood?
the shawneetown bridge is south of, the muddy bridge is north of us
5) Bobbie Gentry often performed with Glen Campbell. Mr. Campbell's family is very open about Glen's battle with Alzheimer's. Is anyone in your life facing this terrible disease?
I work in a behavioral center where many older residents have alzheimer's Terrible disease steals their memory and yet they still tell the same old stories.
6) "Ode to Billie Joe" was made into a movie directed by Max Baer, Jr. Mr. Baer is better known for playing Jethro Bodine in a famous 1960s era sitcom. Can you name it?
7) Bobbie Gentry made one of her last public appearances in 1981 on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny is now seen in reruns on the Antenna TV channel. Think of the last TV show you watched. Was it new or was it a rerun?
rerun's all day long old movies and re-runs of some of my favorite shows
8) In 1967, when this song was popular, Sweden changed its traffic laws and Swedes began driving on the right. Have you ever driven in a foreign country? If so, did you have a hard time adapting to their laws?
I know friends that have but I have never
9) Random question: Which would you rather have more of -- compliments or hugs?
Depends on who they are from always desire more hugs from the little ones in my life but a compliment can take one a long way as well.
come on over and play along with Saturday 9