Custom Search

Friday, June 3, 2016

Migraine and Headache Awareness

Have you ever had a headache, a really bad one, one that you thought would never go away?? For many including my mother and a few of my children headaches were something that we deal with daily. I have had migraines when I am tired out and do not get enough rest but when I sleep they often go away. For many others this problem is something that does not go away and feels much more like they are living a nightmare. 

June is national Migraine & Headache Awareness Month. In the month of June show your purple and show your support for all those suffering from migraine and headaches. Through advocacy, awareness, education and research hopefully headaches will get better.

one out of every 10 individuals suffer from migraines. Migraines is the 6th most disabling disorder in the world. There are 38 million Americans that suffer from Migraines. Those numbers hit home and wow I personally had no idea that it was that bad. A migraine is an extremely incapacitating collection of neurological symptoms. Everyone either knows someone who suffers from migraine or struggles with migraines themselves The reason or causes for these migraines are not known. They are poorly understood, frequently undiagnosed and woefully under-treated. 




2 comments:

  1. Cute site! A little of everything. :-)
    I didn't know June was migraine awareness month ... is that why I've been having them? LOL, I only wish it were just once a year! Thanks for posting. This is good info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had to guess...

    Which of these points do you press to relieve a your Migraine?

    Or to lower Cholesterol?

    To reduce pain From Arthritis?

    Or to reduce High Blood Pressure?

    Find out here: How To reduce pain Migraine?

    Best rgs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post