Custom Search

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pot Roast

While I was preparing my next month of meal menu I realized we were heading into the month of September As the weather begins to turn and we head into fall I begin to think about comfort food and good eats. Pot roast fits nicely into that category. I love recipes that are a bit different and this pot roast offers us some great taste in unexpected ways. Check this out and Enjoy

Pot Roast
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 3-4 pound beef chuck roast
Salt and pepper for seasoning roast
1 can Coca Cola (classic Coke)
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
4 carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped into 1 to 2-inch chunks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.  Season roast with salt and pepper and sear the meat until browned on both sides, about a minute or two per side.  Remove from heat.
Stir Coke and onion soup mix together in a bowl.  Whisk in chili sauce.
Pour Coke mixture over the chuck roast, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.  Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Add the onions and carrots to the roast, cover and continue baking for another 2-3 hours, until meat and vegetables are fork tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes, hot buttered egg noodles or a big old loaf of crusty bread to sop up the sauce.

recipe source here

shared at
share it 26
inspire me Monday
snickerdoodle sunday
inspire me monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post