Custom Search

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness


Gynecologic cancer is any cancer that starts in a woman's reproductive organs. The five gynecologic cancers begin in different places within a woman's pelvis, which is the area below the stomach and in between the hip bones. My mother in law had this type of cancer as it started here .She lived for 24 years after first being diagnosed. The cancer did come back and she fought but lost the battle. Mom is missed each and every day and if there is a way to do so then I want so much to bring awareness to all about gynecologic cancer.

There are five main types of cancer that affect a woman's reproductive organs. These cancers are cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal and vulvar. These five cancers make up the gynecologic cancers. Each cancer is unique and has different signs , symptoms, and risk factors. All females are at risk for gynecologic cancers and risk increases with age. There are ways that you can reduce the risk for some cancers Like all cancers, when gynecologic cancers are found early treatment works best.

For more information about gynecologic cancer visit here

2 comments:

  1. My mom just started chemo and radiation treatment for a gynecologic cancer. It's rough. She's also made it her mission to convince people to get the HPV vaccine, since that was a contributing factor for her cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pray for your mom and you entire family for support and love . I am so proud of your mom, while I do no know her personally, any person that uses her experiences to help others not have to face the same issues is a wonderful person to me

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post