My dads favorite pie was very possibly the strawberry rhubarb pie. I know we had it a lot while we were growing up. My mom never had to go far to get ingredients that went in it since we had both a rhubarb plants and a strawberry patch. Want to try this delicious pie? Well here is a delicious recipe we found at Moms Who Think
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 pie crusts
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Stir together tapioca, sugar, nutmeg and add a dash of salt.
2. Add the sugar mixture to the strawberries and rhubarb; coating well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Line a 9-inch pie plate with one pie crust pastry then fill with the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
4. Dot with butter. Place the second crust on top, pinch edges to flute. Cover the edge of the pie with foil.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 25 minutes more or until golden.