Egg Battered Grilled CheeseMakes one sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- a few ounces of your favorite cheese: American, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, etc…
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- a pinch of salt
- A dash of Spice: depends upon your mood. I like Pumpkin Pie Spice for a flavor twist. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, curry powder, chili powder, etc….your mood, your choice.
- Cooking Spray
Spray a small non stick skillet, heat over medium heat. Whisk egg whites, salt, spice. (Adding the spice to the raw eggs really cooks the flavor into this) Add cheese and any extras in between two slices of bread. Soak sandwich in egg white mixture. Cook both sides until toasted, crispy and cheese is melted and gooey.
- Want to add a bit more healthy fat? Toss in a yolk.
- Want a heartier meal & more lean protein? Add a few strips of nitrate free turkey bacon, sliced black forest ham. Lean pastrami or deli sliced smoked chicken or turkey are great too.
- Tomato: ruby red tomatoes go so great with grilled cheese, add in a few thin slices.
- Avocado: add some slices of this healthy fat choice. Sure to satisfy and keep cravings at bay