Custom Search

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Slow Cook Chicken and Dumplings

I love chicken and dumplings and so does most of my family. The only problem is that I can never find enough time to make them the way I love to. This recipe from Betty Crocker allows me to enjoy my Chicken and Dumplings and save time as well. I love slow cook meals because they seem to cook their selves which is what I need with a busy schedule like mine.

1 teaspoon oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (1.8-oz.) pkg. dry leek soup mix
4 cups water
1 (10.8-oz.) can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Frozen Sweet Peas
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1.Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned.
2.In 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, celery, carrots, mushrooms, soup mix and water; mix well.
3.Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
4.Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each into 8 wedges. Sprinkle wedges with cornmeal. Stir coated biscuits pieces into hot chicken mixture.
5.Cover; cook on high setting for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
6.About 10 minutes before serving, microwave peas in covered microwave-safe dish on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Just before serving, stir peas and pepper into chicken mixture.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good one! My kind of meal...simple! The crock pot can do 90% of the work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post