Custom Search

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Homecoming Parad Had Lots of Red

This past week was homecoming at our local high school. Yeah!!! Since I graduated from the school here I loved seeing all my old friends come back to town. There was lots of great red in the parade as well.

 always lots of great fire departments that take part in the local parades. In fact until I moved to Southern Illinois I had never seen so many fire trucks, police cars and EMS in parades. The crowd loves them and I know that my son in law does as well.


This is a picture of one of the homecoming queen candidates. I also love this picture because of the beautiful house in the background. I have always loved the large houses along main street.




Yet another homecoming queen candidate. Yes I was standing right across from this lovely large house. I am still admiring its beauty.

 The American Flag is even more beautiful than the houses. The great red, white and blue may it wave proudly forever.

shared on Redensday @ It's A Very Cherry World

6 comments:

  1. Great story matched by pics and words - great display of red!

    Great blog you have too -will pop back soon to read through earlier posts.

    Happy Rednesday!

    Lola & Nora:)
    btw Your quick Rednesday link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me -it's homecoming this week at our high school. I don't keep up as much now that my son is in college. Love that old house in the background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love home town parades. We have had the chance to watch 3 this year and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parades like this are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the car but I am really admiring the home in the background!!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was Homecoming here in our little town last weekend, too! It's very similar...the parade through town (the football team sits on the fire truck!), the homecoming court candidates riding on old-fashioned convertibles, the band, etc. Most of the businesses in town get into the spirit and decorate themselves in orange and black. On Friday all the kids from K-12 wear orange and black and many of them paint their faces. All the school kids walk over to watch the parade. We took our grandson to the football game and he had a blast. He;d never experienced anything like small hometown pride. Our neighbor has an old cannon that he brings to the game(s) and every time we score he shoots that thing off, it's LOUD! Thanks for sharing you pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post