Custom Search

Sunday, November 22, 2009

John F Kennedy assassinated November 22, 1963

I can rember my mother telling me stories about this terrible day in history when the news rang out that John F Kennedy had been assassinated. This date in history as my mother tells me was one of somber where every eye shed a tear and the schools , business and streets closed down in this little town that she lived in.
John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy commonly known by his initials JFK was the 35th president of the U.S. serving only part of a term from 1961 til his assassination in 1963. JFK was assassinated on November 22, 1963 in Dallas Texas by a gunman thought to be Lee Harvey Oswald. The conspiracy over whether Oswald was the gunman or not has long been a debatable issue.
Today I simply remember the stories my parents told me about this great man John F Kennedy.

2 comments:

  1. My grandparents tell me that the moment that JFK was assinated was when the U.S. took a turn. Innocence was lost that day. Nothing has been the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I knew this date stuck out for a reason!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post