Custom Search

Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday


Are you feeling ashamed for letting your child go to bed without brushing his teeth...again? Did you Twitter on your cell phone during a meeting without anyone knowing? Feel bad for screaming at the cat or eating Pop Tarts and coffee for breakfast? Are you embarrassed that you are far from perfect? We'll don't be. Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing! Not me monday is hosted by the blog My Charming Kids

This week has not been one full of emotions. I am not a mother who will be seeing her third child graduate from highschool. I am not a bit excited while being a little upset that she has reached another milestone. I am not a bit proud of her and I did not tell her that about a thousand times. This is not the child that we wondered about and missed nearly all of her 8th grad year because she was being a rebelious little girl. No I would have never of had those problems out of this sweet little girl.

I did not play hangman in sunday school this past year. I do not think that games such as these help first graders learn bible verses. I would not allow games that help learn bible verses be played where I am the teacher. No not me

I have not been busy on ebay looking for great buys for my granddaughter. I would not say that I also found a great pair of raggedy ann and andy dolls. No I did not bid on them as well. I did not find the paperdolls that reminded me of my childhood and contemplate on whether I wanted them or not. NO that would never be me.

I did not make a cake for youth dinner on Sunday and decide that I wanted to serve it for dessert as well on Saturday. No that would have never of been me. At that same service I was not a bit proud of my son who stood up for working with children classes on Wednesday night. I was also not the first one to stand up for working with the children classes. No that would have never have been me. After all I do not just love to work with young children teaching them about Jesus or love the fact that my son is following in my footsteps.

We are not a bit excited about the wednesday night carnival that will take place at church to celebrate the end of another great year. We are not going to bake cookies or work at the booths. After all we do not want to have as much fun as the children who will be attending.

If you want to read more Not me monday then head over to the blog my charming kids

3 comments:

  1. What a great Not Me list!
    Congrats to your daughter for graduating and makes me very hopeful that my daughter that is in 8th grade and a constant challenge may finally get her act together....
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Not Me's. Come over to my blog later and join the Toot Your Horn Tuesday fun. It's a great follow-up to MckMama's Monday's.
    www.sillylittlesparrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this not me list. Congrats on you daughter. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post