Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chocolate Cake with a twist



Blessed with GraceI created a super delicous cake for our youth group dinner Sunday. It was easy because it was based on a cake mix cake that we created first.

Chocolate cake (made from mix)
can of condensed sweetened milk
1 c coconut
coolwhip

After the cake has been baked and cool make holes in the cake sort of like poke holes and pour the milk over the cake. I know my family freaked out as well. But it works so just pour it all ove it and spread the milk out. I tried to coax down the holes. then spread the coconut over the top let this sit for about 1 hour and then ice. Keep in fridge til ready to eat. Was a hit both at home and church so enjoy

for more blissfully domestic hints, tips and recipes visit the blog I am Blissfully Domestic I also listed this recipe at the blog Blessed With Grace and at a new to me blog My chihuahua Bites

3 comments:

  1. I saw your link on BD, and I'm glad I came by. I do a recipe like this too, but I add caramel ice cream topping and butterfingers. It's super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That sounds wonderful!!! Can't go wrong with condensed milk and coconut. Great idea and I will be trying it! Thanks for joining TMTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make this with a yellow cake. It's one of my husband's favorites. I also recommend Lori's version. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post