Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gratituesday


This week at our house will see allot of tears, smiles, happiness, laughter, thoughts of past moments we have shared as well as the future. It is graduation week and all though we have been through this before I do not believe that we ever get over the feelings of one road ending and another one beginning. I once was told that a mother who had never graduated took this event the hardest but one that had been here before would get used to the role and be able to move on quickly. At that moment when I heard that I thought not me. I was right and it is not the same and I do feel the same as a child I have raised heads into a new role of life. Thank God that no matter what we face we can face it with him.

I am thankful for all those who have helped me and my child get to this point of education to the graduation line. Thank God that those teachers, principals, friends and family saw us through the tough times as well as the good times. I saw we because that is how I feel. I am thankful that we are such a tight family that we hold onto each other and go through the phases together.

Here is a bible verse that I love and think sums up his plan for our children.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I am thankful that my children have had the opportunity to follow our Lord. I know that they have personally learned to call upon his name if they are in need. I am so thankful that they realize when no one else is there to share with that he is always there. With all this in mind I begin to think back to when I would have a row full of young children who would sit quietly and patiently and listen. Oh they have grown to teens now and ready to move out of on their own but their love for family and our lord is still there. For that I am very thankful for the young men and women they have became

for more gratituesday visit the blog Heavenly Homemaker

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful List...I enjoyed the read and thank you for sharing. Aren't kids wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post