Custom Search

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Santas Christmas Eve Prayer

Santas Christmas Eve Prayer



The sleigh was all packed
The reindeer were fed,
But Santa still knelt
By the side of the bed.




"Dear Father," he prayed,
"Be with me tonight,
There's much work to do,
And my schedule is tight."
"I must jump in my sleigh
And streak through the sky,
Knowing full well
That a reindeer can't fly."




"I will visit each household,
Before the first light,
I'll cover the world,
And all in one night."
"With sleigh bells a-ringing,
I'll land on each roof,
Amid the soft clatter
Of each little hoof."




"To get in the house
Is the difficult part,
So I'll slide down the chimney
Of each child's heart."
"My sack will hold toys
To grant all their wishes,
The supply will be endless,
Like the loaves and the fishes."





"I will fill all the stockings
And not leave a track,
I'll eat every cookie
That is left for my snack."
"I can do all these things Lord,
Only through You,
I just need your blessing,
Then it's easy to do."



"All this is to honor
The birth of the One,
That was sent to redeem us ...
Your most Holy Son."
"So to all of my friends,
Least Your glory I rob,
Please Lord, remind them
Who gave me this job."

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome thanks for being such an avid reader and leaving awesome comments

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post