Custom Search

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Kids In Kitchen Part One:

We have always assigned simple jobs to our children to do around the house. This included the kitchen where we had them do job appropriate tasks. They always loved being able to go into the kitchen to help mom and dad. Later in another post I will share some job ideas that worked for us. For now I simply want to talk about why it is important to give tasks and give applause when they get the job you instructed them to do done. This will allow them to continue to want to help in the kitchen and grow their cooking skills as well.




Not every child will like every meal that is prepared in the kitchen. Discussing what they like and dislike can lead into a collaboration where the family can discuss what to have for supper and who will do what to help prepare the meal. Getting the family busy in the kitchen to prepare a meal is a great time to spend time together as a family. There is no little job in food prep as everything needs done. There are jobs that don't stay in the kitchen the whole time dinner is prepared but even a few minutes helps broaden their kitchen experience. This will allow them to take pride that they helped with preparing the meal. 




There are those that do not allow children into the kitchen. My mother in law was one of those individuals. I often surprised her with how much my children knew in the kitchen and could help out. There are many excuses from the kitchen being too small to their children not wanting to help I would like to say make a bit of room  and let them in your child may surprise you. You will benefited as well by allowing them to help create family meals and will be good for both you and your child in the future 




keep watching as we share more on this subject


shared at
 Sundays at home 

7 comments:

  1. SO important that the kids start out early in the kitchen - helping their parents - I never had that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this with my own children when they were growing up and now we are doing this in both my house and my daughters
      thanks so much for visiting

      Delete
  2. My kids and I really love doing kitchen time with me! Baking is one of their favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so agree my children and grand children both love baking with me we have made great memories

      Delete
  3. We have Kids in the Kitchen classes once a month at our farmers' market. It's amazing what they learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this sounds very interesting so awesome
      thanks for visit

      Delete
  4. My kids love to cook. I try to let them as much as I can because it is great bonding. My parents didn't let me cook much and I always wanted to. Plus they are gaining fantastic life skills!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post