Custom Search

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween Qoutes

On Hallowe'en the thing
you must do
Is pretend that nothing
can frighten you
An' if somethin' scares you
and you want to run
Jus' let on like
it's Hallowe'en fun.
- - - from an Early Nineteenth Century Halloween Postcard

If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost.
- - - Lloyd Douglas


The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
- - - H. P. Lovecraft

Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.
- - - Shakespeare "Macbeth"

From ghoulies and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!
- - - Scottish saying

5 comments:

  1. I love these quotes!! My favorite is the H.P. Lovecraft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh for sure, fear of the unknown is something I think we all have
      thanks for coming to see us and leaving a comment always nice as we know you were here

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love all these quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I love great quotes as well, I also love the fact you stopped by today and left a comment letting me know you were here

      Delete
  3. It was a great blog post it is :) I love the quotes :) THank for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post