Custom Search

Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
extreme heat warning in our area, dry and hot


Things that make me happy:
my friends, family, and good food

Book I'm reading:
just finished a great one and looking to start a new one as soon as all the rush slows down


What I'm enjoying on TV:
good movies lots of them


On the menu for dinner:
barbq chicken wings, potatos,


On my To Do List:
laundry
doctors appt.
blogging (I have been slagging as of late)


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I got a new meatball book in and want to look through that. I will letting you all know about this book soon

In The Craft Basket:
I am lining up some crafts for sunday school craft, getting ideas for easy christmas crafts for my kids, and need to buy materials the older girls need for things they will work on

Looking forward to this week:
back to school bash this sunday at church


Tips and Tricks:
Having a garage sale is a lot of work. One great thing to do to make shopping more appealing is to organize before the sale.


My favorite blog post this week:
been so busy the last two weeks not alot of posting or reading


Lesson Learned Past Few Days:
I learned that when we are down and out there is always someone there to pick us up and dust us off. Whether this be our friends, family or our Lord someone is always there

On my mind:
back to school, kids start college and friends suffering with problems they face

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
At church we have been enjoying a series of sermons on Job

Job 1: 6-8 allows us to see how evil satan is always going around stirring up trouble as the accuser He looks for areas in our life where he can make trouble. We need to be on guard for any crack in our life is a potential place where satan can break in and stir more trouble in our lives

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a plan and are doing things that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Loved the Job verse great wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum dinner sounds go good...and what about the movies, which ones are you watching?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy how organized are you. Dinner sounds great. Excellent my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the verse! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I recently had a rummage sale and organizing ahead of time really helps. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post