Custom Search

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Zucchini Bread

One of my favorite summer memories is my mom raising her zucchinis and then making all sorts of goodies from them. One recipe that she made a lot of was zucchini bread.


Zucchini Bread



3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups shredded zucchini (12 ounces)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Cooking spray


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through baking soda) in a large bowl. Combine egg substitute and next 4 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; add sugar, stirring until combined. Add zucchini; stir until well combined. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Divide batter evenly between 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.


source: My Recipes

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zucchini Bread! It reminds me of summer too. I use to make if often, but it's been a few years. It's on my to-do list for this summer! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post