Custom Search

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chinese Meat Loaf


My daughter recently introduced me to Chinese food. Yes that is right until the other day I had never been inside a chinese restraunt or ate real chinese food. Now while skimming through a cookbook I found this recipe for Chinese Meat Loaf. While we ate a chicken dish at the restaurant I thought I would share this recipe.


Chinese Meat Loaf

1 lb hamburger ($1.15)

1/2 c chopped onion (.25)

1 egg, beaten (.15)

1/4 c crushed Ritz crackers (.50)

3/4 t salt

1/4 t pepper


Sauce:

1 (8 oz) tomato sauce ($1)

1/4 c vinegar (.50)

1/4 c brown sugar (.25)

1 t prepared mustard (.25)


In saucepan mix tomato sauce with brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Stir til sugar dissolves. Combine egg, onion, crackers, meat, salt and pepper and add 1/2 c sauce Mix lightly , but thoroughly, and place into loaf pan Pour remainder of sauce over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You've just recently discovered Chinese Food?! My waistline would be sooo much smaller if I never discovered Chinese food! :) We love it and could eat it all the time if we could afford take-out every night!

    I'm always looking for new meat loaf recipes...thanks for sharing!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, check it out!

    www.under-the-big-oak-tree.blogspot.com

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post