Custom Search

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Giving Tree

We recently found a copy of the book The Giving Tree for Princess. One of our favorite books The Giving Tree tells the story of life. I read this book to my children when they were little, my kid brother and I shared it as well. Now that life has changed for me and those I read it to I am so glad that my daughter can now read it to her daughter. The Giving Tree is a great book to share. It is a tale about the relationship between a young boy and a tree in the forest. While the boy is young the giving tree provides the boy with what ever he wants and needs from branches to swing on to apples to eat the Giving Tree gives all it can. The tree even allows the boy to cut him down and make a boat out of it. Leaving the tree to be just a stump and the boy leaves for many years but returns when an old man to which the tree still gives what the boy needs a place to rest. If you are looking for a great book to read to your children check out the book The Giving Tree.

This post was shared on the blog The Adventures of Motherhood and Feed Me Books Friday

6 comments:

  1. I love that book!!!!!!!! One of our household favorites .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I'm going to have to get myself a copy to read to the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to read this to my son...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent book! I haven't read it to my little guy yet because most of the Silverstein stuff is over his head... but he might be ready for this one, I'll have to go dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see mother's as a kind of giving tree. We just bought this one too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post