Custom Search

Friday, April 9, 2010

How as little as $5 will help others


With all the great tips you can find on Frugal Fridays here at Life As Mom as well as other great blogs you have gathered up lots of ideas to save money if you are anything like me. Now I want to share a few things you can do to help others and yourself with as little as $5



  • by donating $1 to feedingamerica.org you can donate 10 lbs of food. Feeding America will help provide food to more than 25 million low income people in America

  • save $5 a week every week for 10 years will give you $3,371 of college savings plan for your child.

  • make someone smile by feeding a parking meter that will soon expire, buy a cup of coffee for someone that looks like they could use one, give the waitress a bit of a tip

  • purchase $5 worth of pencils for your local school you will be surprised how many children do not have school supplies or even a pencil to write with

these are just a few great ideas of how you can help others with as little as $5. That $5 will go a long way to making others happy and you feel a bit proud of what you are doing.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful tips. I love using what we are blessed with to bless others. This week I found glue sticks on clearance for .18 cents a 2 pk. I sent 8 packs to school with my daughter since her teacher is always running low on them. My daughter told me several kids were happy to get new glue since they were out. And we were able to bless them with less than $2.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post