Custom Search

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Make Your Own Beef Jerky

My family loves been jerky and has even made a bit ourselves. There are many recipes to make homemade jerky. Many of these recipes have been passed down generation to generation. Were you aware that earlier this week there was a day that celebrated the special fact of making, sharing and eating homemade jerky.



SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED BEEF JERKY RECIPE
1 pound of eye of round beef, sliced
3 ounces soy sauce or tamari
6 ounces water
2 teaspoons Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper

Whisk marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Place cut beef strips in a large bag or container and pour marinade over them, ensuring all strips are covered in the marinade. Seal the bag or cover the container and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
After 24 hours, preheat the oven to 175 degrees Fahreinheit.
Cover a baking pan/sheet with foil and place strips of beef in a single layer on the foil. Dry the beef for 12-15 hours in the oven at this temperature. (If you are going to be home, you can do this overnight.)
When the beef is dry to the touch (there should be no rebound, but the beef should not be brittle or burned), the jerky is ready to come out.

Refrigerate jerky in a sealed container for up to two weeks.



retweet post here

shared on these blog hops, parties and linkups
grand social 

shared at these facebook group linkups
social bloggers & business ---- comment 12/7

20 comments:

  1. Oh my... my mouth is watering now. I *love* jerky! And this seems so simple. Gotta try it. Thank you for sharing this in the GRAND Social!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our family loves jerky as well, thanks so much for your great comment

      Delete
  2. This must be a healthier way of making beef jerky too. I could see it being a good party snack (esp Super Bowl!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy great snacks like this at party times as well.

      Delete
  3. Im not much of a beef jerky fan but great that you can make your own! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make my own whenever possible thanks for sharing comment

      Delete
  4. We love, love, love jerky. My husband will be thrilled when I start making it at the house. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad I shared a recipe that will help make your hubby happy. The world is so much better when our hubbies are happy

      Delete
  5. I enjoy some jerky ! I have to make this !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make it let me know how it turns out if you do

      Delete
  6. This would be great ... I'll try

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made beef jerky before. The ingredients look healthy...I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do give it a try if you do let me know what you think

      Delete
  8. Kristine Nicole AlessandraDecember 8, 2018 at 6:03 PM

    I have never made my own jerky but this looks like it would be worth the try. Nothing better than eating something without extenders or preservatives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly why fresh homemade is better than preserved

      Delete
  9. I didn't know how easy jerky was to make. My husband would love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no better time than Christmas for a homemade gift sounds perfect for your hubby

      Delete
  10. This is so cool my Hubby would love this would be fab for him to give this ago.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post