1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
10 pieces bacon
1. Prepare Bacon- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking tray and place bacon on top.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over bacon. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
2. While bacon is cooking, combine by whisking dry ingredients in a bowl - flour, baking powder, salt and additional 1/4 cup brown sugar.
3. On the stove top in a small pan, place nuts on medium heat and warm until golden brown and you can smell the nuts - that means they are done. Remember to keep moving the pan around in order to cook evenly.
4. Do the same thing with the oats.
5. Then mix the wet ingredients - eggs, milk, butter.
6. Then mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and fold in the nuts, oats.
8. Place approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup of batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!