Custom Search

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Food Good For The Soul---- Spaghetti Pie



One of my favorite pasta recipes was shared with me at a difficult time in our lives. My sister lost her young baby and I was terribly upset about it. Knowing that I had mouths of my own to feed my friend sent over a large baked spaghetti casserole and all the fixings. I was thankful and felt love because she thought about me that way. While this is a pasta recipe and it is also spaghetti it is not the same recipe that we enjoyed In fact I have yet to find a dish like the one that she shared that day. Whether it was that it was so delicious or maybe it was because it meant so much to us I thank her for that and will never forget the thoughtfulness So when you think there is nothing you can do or that no one will care if you do anything it matters a lot. Just take my memory for example 20+ years later and I still look on it with fondness.


It is another one of my "lickdob" aka 'use what ya got' recipes. 
You just need some basic ingredients and the rest is up to your customization.

I used:
Spaghetti
Butter, 2 tbs
Grated Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup
Eggs, 2 beaten
Spaghetti sauce, half a jar
Cottage Cheese, 1 cup
Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup shredded
Ground beef, 1 lb
Sautéed onion, bell peppers, olives, and pepperoni


While your spaghetti is cooking, prepare your pasta sauce. I cooked some ground beef, added sautéed onions, bell peppers, olives, and pepperoni, and half a jar of spaghetti sauce.


Drain your pasta and put it back in the pot. Stir in the butter, grated Parmesan, and beaten eggs. 
Grease a pie plate (I use my Misto to mist EVOO) and add pasta mixture. 
Spread evenly and push the pasta up the sides to form your "crust".

Spread your cottage cheese over the spaghetti.

Then, spread your doctored up pasta sauce.


Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread your cheese over the top and bake for 5 more minutes.

And voila!

So yummy and so cute! It literally is Spaghetti Pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post