Saturday, February 4, 2017
Rice Krispy Valentine Hearts
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies®
Red or pink food coloring (very small amount)
2/3 white candy melts (found at Walmart or Michael's)
* heart shaped cookie cutter
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir. When the marshmallows are 80% melted add a small amount of food coloring and mix until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Cut out heart shaped rice krispie treats
5. Melt the candy melts according to package instructions. Pour melted "melts" into a squeeze bottle.
6. Draw a heart shape on top of the treats with the melts.
7. Sprinkle mini heart-shaped sprinkles on top
Best served the same day.