Custom Search

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Do a Little Hollerin

There has been many ways of communicating through out the year. Now days we have the cell phone, the telephone and other social sites to communicate. But before these modern technologies there was smoke signals and "hollerin" Hollerin is a lot like yodeling and is thought to have originated among rural folks prior to modern technology. 

Hollerin continues but now days is done for fun or competing in contest. The folks at Spivey's corner in North Carolina keeps the age old habit of hollerin alive. With contest in June and a few in September. 






7 comments:

  1. Lol I've never heard of a hollerin contest before. I bet I could win this thing ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I hae been told in the past that I do holler a lot - and that there's a contest for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollerin sounds really new to me. I just heard it from you, will check more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of yodeling before, but hollerin' is totally new to me. Unless of course, I count my mother yelling my name all over the neighborhood when it's time to come in from playing when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really this odd, but interesting never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollerin is a new term for me, but it is good to know that they existed before the current modern technologies. And it is good when you use such old gadgets in current trends & this sounds like a fun event as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hollerin sounds new to me. I just heard it from you, will check more about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post