Custom Search

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

accordion



My first experience with an accordion was with an elderly neighbor. I looked at it and did not know what to think at first. Then she picked it up and played a song with it. The song was a snappy song that I later learned was a polka. I enjoyed listening to it but as much as I tried could never play like she did. 

Accordions are a family of box shaped musical instruments of the bellows driven feel reed aerophone type. They are commonly as a squeezebox. The person playing the accordion is an accordionist. 


The Accordion is played by compressing or expanding the bellows while pressing buttons or keys causing valves, called pallets, to open. The air flows across strips of brass or steel, called reeds, that vibrate to produce sound inside the body. 
Brazil, Colombia and Mexico musicians will use the accordion in popular music. Europe, North America, and other South America countries play the accordion with dance pop and folk music. In Cajun, jazz, and folk music the accordion is used in both solo and orchestra. 


Enjoy a bit of Accordion music:


2 comments:

  1. I actually kinda like the accordion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of accordions! My son has a little one he tries to play!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post