Monday, February 22, 2016
Ragu with Sausage Sauce
Ragù di Salsiccia (sausage sauce)
Ingredients:1 small onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 large spicy Italian pork sausages
2 tablespoons tomato paste
250ml passata (tomato puree)
¼ cup red wine
Salt and pepper, freshly ground
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
½ cup finely grated pecorino, to serve
1. Cut the ends from the sausages and squeeze the sausage meat from the skins into a bowl.
2. Mash the sausage meat and break it up a little.
3. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté onion until soft. Add garlic and sauté until soft also.
4. Add sausage meat and fry, being sure to break meat into smaller pieces like mince. The meat is very sticky due to the lard content so be sure to continually break it apart.
5. When meat is browned, add tomato paste. Fry for a minute or so until thickened.
6. Add red wine and passata then turn heat down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Taste for seasoning, then stir through parsley. Remove from heat.
8. Stir through cooked pasta of choice before topping with pecorino and serving.
recipe resource here where you can currently find what is being served for the week