Custom Search

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chicken Cutlets and Chick Pea Pesto Salad


8 small chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)


kosher salt and black pepper

1 cup panko bread crumbs or crushed crackers

1/4 cup olive oil

8 small radishes, cut into wedges

1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed

1/4 cup store-bought pesto

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Season the cutlets with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat the cutlets in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the cutlets and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the remaining cutlets, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, chickpeas, pesto, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve with the chicken.

recipe source : Real Simple

1 comment:

  1. Posts like these always make me hungry and makes me wish I cooked more. I may have to try this out.

    Thank you for the follow... I am following you now too!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post